RE: The Accu-Vote YES and NO

> I currently reccommend to the operators to print a YES NO
> above the
> keys to prevent the wrong operation under stress.

Right now I am guessing that everyone on the list is wondering whether the
education system up in Canada is as good as we like to tell everyone.  At
least on my Accu-Vote, there is a Yes and No label right below each button.
Pretty hard to miss, IMO.

I suggest hitting Kinkos and getting some labels printed up.  Who knows, you
might even be able to start a profitable side business selling them.

On a slightly more serious note, I think a Yes and No label on the top of
the AccuVote could be confusing to voters.  Since the ballot box lip covers
up the buttons, if I saw those labels on the Accu-Vote when voting I would
be asking myself:  "What are the Yes and No for?  Do I need to press a
button?"  Kind of like "do you want a receipt?" when you pay at the pump.  I
have visions of voters pushing the stickers with their finger.

Ken