RE: SOVC with totals flag for Poll, absentee, and Early Voting

It would be very helpful to modify the SOVC, so that we can select columns on the SOVC report for polling, absentee, and early voting totals, as well as summary of totals.  This would avoid having to print multiple SOVC reports.  Yours Truely, .sk

This has been on our internal TO-DO list since we sold Alaska.   Alaska would like to report their "partial counts" this way.

Basically, this request turns SOVC into three-dimensional report.  Right now we have a spreadsheet by precinct by race.  Now it will be by precinct by counter group by race.  To complicate matters, SB100 gives us two ways to look at counter groups.  Party and Absentee.  So you need to know the precinct, race, absentee counter group, and party counter group, to get the counter detail.  Sheesh.

I suspect the counter groups would be displayed as rows rather than columns, but I have no strong feelings either way.

Aside from the implementation details, the only real tough question here is of priority.  This is a fairly large project.  Do we need this feature this year, or can it wait for the 2000 primaries?  We have a work-around of printing multiple SOVC reports that gives jurisdictions the information they need, so I suspect the latter.

Ken