RE: Write-In VIBS with the # key and ERROR Exception

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Mark S Earley
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 2:14 PM

Note that I anticipate using the # key can cause problems in the initial testing since I know of no keypads that have the # key available other than those we intend to have built. Jeff Hallmark has made the only keypad with a # key I have seen. Most people are using keypads with no # key.

You've basically arrived at my response.  I'd like to use the # key, but no one (including myself) has a keypad with a # key.  Until we have proper keypads in the field (read:  California), the current script is the best I can do.
As I write this I have tried a keyboard and I get an SEH Exception c0000005 error when using a qwerty keyboard while in the write-in section. Pressing the 3 key above the letters (not on the keypad) causes the error. Pressing 4 gives error 80000002. The error takes me to the WinCE desktop.

I'll look into it, but you gotta post this as a bugtrack under a different cover.

Ken