From: Jeff Hintz <jhglobal@earthlink.net>
To: Support Team (E-mail) <support@gesn.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 1999 12:55 PM
Subject: Printing of Ballots from Gems

>Hi All,
>
>Lancaster County, Nebraska uses Gems and a HP 5si Hm printer to print their
Absentee ballots.  They had a small election this past month and were
experiencing problems with the printer not responding when they went to
print ballots.  They would start up their computer and printer in the
mornings and begin printing ballots, then the printer would sit for several
hours idle, and sometimes it would continue to print when they went to print
more ballots and sometimes it wouldn't.  They would not get any error
message, either from Gems or from Windows NT.  In order for them to correct
the problem, they would have to shut down the system and printer completely,
and then start up new.  Any ideas??