RE: customer questions

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of John McLaurin
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 10:55 AM

)  darker ovals

Red ovals is really their only option here -- our scanner is very intollerant of oval edges.  If they are printing with plates, GEMS has an option to create seperate plates for ovals, which they can then print with red ink.  Spectrum can print red ovals with their digital process.  It wouldn't be too hard to add a feature to GEMS for postscript red ovals (as opposed to plates) if they have a print shop that could use it.

 2)  changing the order on the results tape where write ins appear - currently write ins appear first on the tape, it would be nice if the write ins could appear last

Does anyone know if we have an .abo that approximates this?  It would probably not be too hard to make an .abo that puts the write-in stats line after the candidate.

There is a problem however with vote-for-more-than-one.  The AVOS only tracks the total number of write-ins in a race.  No stats are kept for each write-in position, so there is no way to put the total for each write-in position on the report.

 3)  enhancing the manual entry screens to make the data entry process easier

Data entry could use all kinds of improvement.  There was a feature added on GBS' behalf that eliminates the need to enter the total votes for each race, but its of marginal benifet (GBS might disagree with that though).  Unfortunately Alaska is our only account that does a lot of deliberate manual entry, so improving it never makes it to the front of the queue.  As with a lot of things, I would like to see some movement on this, but given the current plate I would not hold my breath.

Ken